4 years as an Engineering major and two tech companies later, I consider myself pretty accustomed to the likes of nerds, but this past week has been quite the eye-opening experience. I arrived 10 minutes before the start of Steve Jobs' keynote only to find that people had been waiting in line since 6:00am, just to ensure that they would be in the same room as Jobs and not in one of the overflow rooms. During the keynote and many of the other technical sessions I attended, I found people applauding everything. Be it new features or requests for features during Q&A sessions, people clapped. "Hi, I'm trying to get access to the Bluetooth driver..." *clap clap clap*
A friend of mine was attending on behalf of Symantec, and as we were hanging out during the conference, he and his friend taught me the always entertaining game of "guess the developer". Metrosexual? Web developer. Birkenstocks? OS developers. Long wavy hair with loud rock shirts? Framework. The other great thing about these conferences is that there's never any line for the women's restrooms.
Friday, June 13, 2008
WWDC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment