Pizzeria Mozza! After hearing people talk about it for ages, I finally had a chance to check it out. Even better was that since I was driving down from SF, I was able to take advantage of the Happy Hour deal - appetizer and pizza for $20. First up, fried squash blossoms with ricotta and an order of the meatballs. The squash blossoms were very tasty, but if you can only get one appetizer, get the meatballs. By far the clear winner, the meatballs have a great flavor and a moist and tender texture. For the pizzas, we shared the egg, bacon and Yukon Gold, but again, while very good, the clear winner was the mushroom pizza. So simple, yet a great example of what good, fresh ingredients can do for a dish. The mushrooms were thick, juicy, flavorful, and a good compliment to the taleggio and fontina cheeses. Thick and juicy; that's what she said.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Pizza Pizza
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
My favorite was the mushroom pizza, too, but my family liked the clam pizza the best. I didn't see meatballs on the menu when I went! I'd better go back. :)
Post a Comment