When I first visited Seattle 7 months ago for business, the weather was cold, but thankfully dry. Regardless, I had a lot of fun exploring the city, and have been waiting to go back. This past weekend, the weather was absolutely gorgeous - beautiful and warm sunshine, cloudless blue sky, slight ocean breeze...you'd be a greedy bastard to ask for more! If there's a time to visit the Pacific Northwest, it is now.
A few of my friends are actually trying to visit all the MLB ballparks, and Safeco Park is the first out-of-state designation. While I'm not an avid baseball fan, I love Ichiro, so I tagged along. Great weather, great company, Ichiro homerun, and great food make the perfect weekend getaway. Haaaiiip!!!
Food mentions:
Cafe Campagne - The quiche was delicious, but the real winner was the poached eggs on garlic croutons soaked in foie gras.
Monorail Espresso - Mmmm...maple latte! I've been craving this since December, and it did not disappoint!
Union Restaurant - I know someone didn't like the lamb sausage, but I enjoyed my food!
Beecher's Handmade Cheese - Mac 'n Cheese = delicious!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Good Night Seattle, We Love You!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment