Since I've moved, Yancy's and Buckshot are probably the two bars that I frequent most. While Yancy's is within walking distance, Buckshot is probably my favorite of the two, though on the other side of the park. With $2 Tecate and sometimes Heineken Light, how can it get any better? Why, with old school arcade games, shuffleboard, a pool table, dartboard, and skeeball! To make things even better, management recently pulled out the couches and put in some folding tables and a kitchen. A friend told us the food was good, and upon further investigation, we discovered that they served Guinness floats and chicken fried bacon. I'll let you think about that.
While this isn't a great picture (ignore the Burger King bag), you can hopefully get an idea of what it looks like - thick cut bacon, lightly battered (more seasoning than flour), served with a little maple syrup for dipping. It's quite tasty, but I don't think that I could eat too much of it. Ju Yon, on the other hand, was in love. Had she not already devoured her corn flake chicken, I think she would have finished it off. I had the BBQ pork sliders, which were also good. Oh, and the Guinness floats were delicious. Now that I think about it, there was also a sign for a drink they call the "Ike Turner" - a shot of Jameson and a slap in the face. Next time we go, it's on me.
2 comments:
Z.O.M.G
I JUST saw a special on tv about chicken friend bacon!!!!!! It was more battered, served with ranch, and at some Texan county fair. I REALLY WANT TO TRY IT.
I am so there.
Post a Comment