There was a festival in the park this weekend to celebrate the opening of the California Academy of Sciences. While I wanted to check out the museum, it was simply too crowded, so I checked out the festivities instead. There, I met a female artist who participates in creating installation pieces using natural materials. The main artist, Andres, also specializes in beach paintings, which I found fascinating. He uses the various beaches of San Francisco as his canvas, rakes and ropes as instruments of implementation. I was told that volunteers and spectators alike are welcome, so if you're interested, sign up for announcements!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The Art of Andres Amador
Labels:
Photos,
San Francisco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/hanie.lee/SPNz1PQqWMI/AAAAAAAAD0Q/w3IsP9pjlnM/s400/IMG_3680.JPG
This is Jason's beach art.
Dang it, it didn't show up, did it?
Hahaha. Very nice.
Okay, THIS is what happens when Jason and I make beach art: http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v349/79/120/1226396/n1226396_41920997_7564.jpg
Post a Comment