Saturday, August 15, 2009

Alemany Farmer's Market

I've always heard about the Alemany's Farmers' Market, and have passed by it a number of times on the freeway, but have never really found an excuse to make the trek on Saturday morning. Having had a taste of Early Girl Dry Farmed tomatoes, I decided this was the time to check it out.

Open Saturdays from about 8am - 3pm, the Alemany's Farmers' Market features more produce stalls than the Ferry Building, and seems to also have better prices as well. There's a section in the back for food stalls, but I was frankly more interested in the produce. First stop, dry farmed tomatoes, and Casey immediately bought three pounds worth of them (I got just one). I can't remember the name of the vendor, but they have one of the biggest produce stalls here, the largest selection of dry farmed tomatoes, plenty of other tomato varieties as well as other leafy vegetables.

As a side note, here's a reminder why you should always remember to correctly turn your tires when parking in San Francisco. I hope it's insured by Survival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't take that bet.