Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hey Hey Hey

Ella's is probably one of my favorite breakfast places in SF, but I rarely go as it's so crowded on the weekends. Since Hanie and Jason had an early afternoon flight, we decided to get up early and beat the Sunday rush for Ella's. I'm surprised we've never taken Hanie there before, but thankfully, that's easy enough to remedy!

The three of us shared an order of the sticky buns, which was quite sticky but not overly sweet. For my entree, I ordered the curry shrimp with a biscuit instead of toast (although their honey oat toast is quite delish). Ingredients were very fresh, and the curry flavor was just enough and not overpowering. I wish I got a picture of everyone else's dishes, as they were all very different, but all very very good. Jason had an open face scramble, I think, and Hanie had the Southwestern benedict with a lime biscuit. Hanie's definitely wins for most different, and more importantly, best tasting. Lime biscuit? Yes, please.

After breakfast, we had some time to kill before Hanie and Jason's flight, so we decided to walk around the neighborhood since it was a nice warm day. Coincidentally, as we were crossing a street, we saw Johann driving through, which caused Jason to flail his arms in the air like a crazy person (Hanie and I both thought he was trying to hail a cab). After walking around a bit, we stumbled across a children's toy store and decided to go in. As we were leaving, we saw a stack of these mysterious plastic things in the middle of the store. Thankfully, Jason was there to explain.

No comments: