Didn't do much today, given the amount of drinking that happened last night after the baseball game. After somehow waking up, we met up with Andrew and Amy at Lola for brunch, then chilled at the Hou residence before catching our various late afternoon flights.
Not sure if Ken was nursing a hangover, but during brunch, he ordered the house bloody mary which had a different tang and spice to it, which Ken likened to "Taco Bell hot sauce". That's not to say that it was gross, just different. While I like tomato juice, it never occurs to me to order a bloody mary, so I can't really compare it to anything.
As for my entree, I ordered the pork and waffle
benedict - braised pork belly, pickled cherry syrup, and BBQ hollandaise, all served on top of waffle squares. Each bite was both sweet and savory, with a little BBQ tang to it. The pork itself was tender and juicy, and I could have easily ate it on its own. While the flavors were initially really good, it started to get a little too sweet for me halfway through the dish. It's very tasty, but I'd recommend sharing.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Denver, Day 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That bloody mary was a bad idea....
You can't compare it to Irish Bank?
Post a Comment