I originally found out about this place from a random food blog and shared it with Hanie since it was between Cerritos and San Diego, but later learned that she already knew about it. I don't make the trip down to San Diego very often, so I jumped at the chance to check it out on my drive back from San Diego. Tucked away in a quaint neighborhood with some old Western + Native American charm, The Ramos House is literally at someone's residence, with the dining area located on the outside patio. If it weren't for the hourly train passing by (it's adjacent to the tracks), you really feel like you've been transported to some charming little town in the middle of nowhere.

To start, there was the popcorn garnished corn chowder, which tasted ok, but wasn't as exciting as it sounded. My entree (duck hash w/ wild mushroom eggs & herb sauce), however, had the opposite effect. While it looked like a regular scramble, the fresh ingredients and fluffy eggs were absolutely fantastic. While the portions are large, I didn't necessarily feel like the dishes were very heavy (I finished my entire plate). Looking at the menu, there are a bunch of dishes that I would love to come back and try. There's also a great weekend brunch for $35 that sounds like a great value.
2 comments:
When I first read the title of the post, I thought it said "Random House"... it took me a few tries before I actually got it right.
Me fail English? That's unpossible.
What are mushroom eggs?! They sound awesome!
Post a Comment