Heading down to San Diego for a conference, I decided to fly into LAX and have my sister drop me off at the Amtrak station aimed for San Diego. The last time I took a train in California was back in elementary school, so I was a bit excited about the ride down. Of course, had Hanie or Jason told me just how scenic the trip was, I would have been even more excited. Once you get out of Orange County, a lot of the track runs right next to the water. Here is a sample view from where I sat, no zoom used:
$22 for one-way ticket from Fullerton to San Diego may be more expensive than driving, but with the views and traffic-free trip, it's well worth the price!

1 comment:
Well, it's not always traffic-free. Sometimes the train will get delayed by an hour or two due to debris being on the tracks, or stopping to let every single other train pass on intersecting tracks. I once tried to take the train to work, and although the train left at 7 AM (and it was a BIG pain to wake up early enough to catch it), I got to Fullerton at 10:30.
Post a Comment