After all the trips through Frankfurt, my upgrade for today's flight finally went through, and I got to enjoy United's new international business class, and in a rear facing seat, no less! With the lay flat beds and 15" TV with over a hundred hours of movie and TV programming, who wants to get out of their seat? The only weird thing is that when the curtain isn't drawn, you sometimes wind up staring straight at the people facing forward. Also of note is that one of my flight attendants was Lois Lane, and I was wearing my Superman shirt, so everyone had a little fun with that. "Would you like some dessert, Superman? Why, that'd be lovely, Ms. Lane!" Unfortunately, SFO has the highest concentration of elite frequent flyers, making these upgrades harder to come by, which makes this upgrade even more painful, since I now know what I'm missing.
My connecting flight to Rome was rather uneventful, except for this little gem, which after last time, has made me a fan of the Lufthansa in-flight magazine. Seriously, who would buy used aircraft seats? Who is the target market here? Would someone sitting in an airplane seat actually see this ad and want to place an order? I wouldn't even want a new one!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Rome, Day 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment