I'm not going to have much time to myself during this trip, so with today's free day before the conference, I decided to head to Vatican City, even though I've previously been. I may not be Catholic, but I can certainly appreciate the religious and historical significance of St Peter's Cathedral, as well as admire the beauty of the architecture and sculptures within. I realize it makes for a cheesy post, but I challenge you to step inside and not be taken aback. If you do visit, don't forget to make the climb to the top of the dome. Besides the much needed exercise, the views are spectacular.
Unfortunately, my excursion was cut short due to a conference call I had to take back in my room, but at least the panoramic view from my balcony is nothing short of breath taking, which made concentrating even harder. The front desk was right to suggest that I switch from street view to city view, even if the beds are smaller. This is just a part of my view - the domed building to the right is St. Peter's Cathedral. If I can ever figure out how to stitch my photos together, I'll post the panoramic.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Rome, Day 2
Labels:
Photography,
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment