Monday, March 17, 2008

Nuts!

For the plane ride back, I happened to wear my squirrel t-shirt. During the safety demonstration, one of the flight attendants stood in the aisle about two rows in front of me, and was going through her normal routine when she spotted me and my shirt. When she realized what it was, she started laughing in the midst of demonstrating how to use the life vest. She actually pointed and said, "Your shirt!", which then made everyone turn around and look at me. I wasn't quite sure how to respond, so I just shrugged and smiled. It usually makes me happy when people are as amused as I am by my shirt, but I'm not sure how I feel about being singled out on an airplane during the safety demo. Afterwards, she came up to me and told me how much she loved my shirt and we chatted a little. Strangely, every encounter we had afterwards, she only spoke to me in Chinese.

No comments: