I'm thoroughly fed up with all the brouhaha surrounding today's Olympic torch relay in San Francisco. There has so much BS and sensationalism from both sides, both before and after the event. People pissed left and right for every little thing imaginable - the mayor changed the route at the last minute even though that's exactly what he said might happen? How dare he keep his word! I'm tired of hearing people being "embarrassed for the city because the Mayor changed the route". Calm the fuck down, people.
How many people out there today actually know the details of Tibetan history? How many people were walking around today assuming that all Chinese people are against Tibet and all people from Taiwan must hate China and therefore support Tibet? This is not black and white, people, and the Tibet issue has been around for a long time. Doesn't this country know better than to make sweeping generalizations?
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I Protest
Labels:
San Francisco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment