Monday, April 21, 2008

Platform 9 3/4

Today was my one free day in London, so I took the opportunity to meet up with Phoebe and Joey Tan, both people I haven't seen in ages. Spent most of the day with Phoebe walking checking out London sites - it turns out that I'd seen most of them during my last trip here, but since Rob and I mainly just wandered aimlessly on foot, we had no idea what we were seeing. My nerd moment of the day was courtesy of Phoebe, who really wanted to check out the Churchill Museum and the Cabinet War Rooms. I had no idea there was an underground War Room, and also realized that I really didn't know anything about Sir Winston Churchill. For anyone interested in Britain's role in WWII, the museum is really well done and worth the visit. We ended the day together by having afternoon tea with scones and crumpets at Phoebe's apartment. Incidentally, Phoebe lives by King's Cross Station, which for you Harry Potter buffs out there, is home to Platform 9 3/4. Phoebe reluctantly agreed to the obligatory tourist picture.