Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Displaced 2008

According to my year-end Dopplr report, I spent 91 days traveling in 2008, which rounds out to roughly 25%. Keep in mind that this includes both personal and business trips, and that any portion of a day spent traveling was logged as a full day.

Other interesting statistics from the report:

  • 14 total trips
  • I traveled to LA 7 times, 5 times to international destinations (only 4 of them were unique locations)
  • Shortest business trip was 4 days in Chicago
  • January and August were the only two months I didn't travel
  • Longest period without a business trip was mid-May through mid-October
  • Traveled roughly 99,383 km, or 27% of the distance to the moon (I think this is just physical distance from San Francisco to my destinations, and not actual travel miles)
  • My personal velocity for 2008 was 11.34 km/h, which is about the same as a butterfly

No comments: