Today, the moron on the road was me. It all started when I decided to leave work early and offer Stella a ride home. Traffic wasn't too bad and I managed to make good time from Palo Alto. Exiting the 80E at 4th St, I proceeded to get on Bryant and go towards Stella's office, just a few blocks away. But as my luck would have it, as soon as I told Stella to meet me downstairs, I somehow managed to make a wrong turn and got back on the 80E. For those of you that aren't familiar, the 4th St exit is the last SF exit, which means that as soon as I got on the freeway, I yelled FUCK. This little mistake meant that I had to go all the way across the Bay Bridge and back. In rush hour. Bloody fuck indeed. I finally made it back home an entire hour and $4 later. Nevermind all the times I nearly got into an accident because of unfamiliar lane merges.
I'm not sure whether the lesson here is to never assume you're getting the hang of downtown SF and not consult a map, or if it's that I should never volunteer to save Stella from the MUNI crazies. Either way, I'm the moron that accidentally got on the Bay Bridge. On the bright side.....oh, who am I kidding, there is no bright side.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I'm With Stupid
Labels:
San Francisco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Treasure Island is your friend! Saves half the trip AND toll!
Yeah, I saw the Treasure Island exit and briefly considered taking it. But knowing nothing about Treasure Island, I was afraid it'd be like Pleasure Island, and I didn't want to end up a donkey.
poor doris... yeah.. treasure island!!!! sigh.. next time.. you are still a sf newbie.. not that i know SF so well.. i did that the last time i was there.. followed the navi system and went to treasure island.. it was quite a nice view from there.. you should try it..
Post a Comment