What could be even better than raw oysters? Why, shucking them yourself! Went through about two dozen oysters today at the Hog Island Oyster Company Farm in Tomales Bay. I loved the simplicity of it all - pick the type and amount of oysters you want, find a table, and start shucking. Gloves, shucking knife, and grill are provided. Anything else you want, you bring. Doesn't get any better than that!
To top off an already great day, we passed by a Chinese roach coach in a nearby town on the way back. Organic grocery store on one side of the street, Chinese fast food in a truck on the other. Awesome. Didn't get a chance to see if there was actually a Chinese man with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth manning the wok, so I can't comment on the authenticity of it. Of course, I suppose real Chinese people wouldn't bother with a whole roach coach. Why deal with the extra expense when you can use a bike?
Monday, February 18, 2008
Shuck You!
Labels:
Photos,
San Francisco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment