Monday, August 25, 2008

Citizen Cake

Dessert before dinner? Don't mind if I do! Before dinner on Saturday, a friend and I went to Citizen Cake in Hayes Valley. Since we had an hour before meeting up with people for dinner, we decided to sit in the main restaurant area and order some desserts. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of what we ordered, so I can't quite remember everything correctly. One dish was an assortment of berries with graham crumbles, with a dollop of sour cream ice cream and honey ice cream (I think). It was really delicious, but is unfortunately overshadowed by the other dessert we got - fresh peaches and plums, sliced and sauteed in a caramel + Grand Marnier + white wine sauce, served with ice cream over a pistachio crumble. So.Fucking.Delicious. As good as dinner was, all I could think about was dessert.

No comments: