Ju Yon and I made a quick day trip to Oxford today, mostly because it's famous, distinguished, and beautiful, but also admittedly because we wanted to see some Harry Potter sights. While visiting Christ Church, we were pleased to find that we weren't the only Harry Potter fans, as we ran into a French school group, all dressed in Hogwarts cloaks. I read somewhere that tourism to Oxford has increased 40% since the Harry Potter movies, so clearly, we're not the only ones.
Unfortunately, we didn't have too much time to walk around the city, but we did see most of the key sights. I was also surprised to learn that Lewis Carroll (aka Charles Dodgson) was actually a mathmatics professor at Oxford when he wrote Alice and Wonderland, and used many of the surroundings at Oxford as inspiration for his story.
Monday, October 27, 2008
London, Day 1
Labels:
Photography,
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment