Friday, October 24, 2008

Nürnberg, Germany - Day 1

This morning my coworker and I took off from München and drove to Nürnberg for the weekend, where my coworker lives. I admittedly don't know much about the city aside from the Nazi references, which I don't think my friend appreciates. Nürnberg is actually 105 miles north of München, but with the autobahn, it only took us about an hour (fastest we went was 150 mph) to arrive, leaving us plenty of time to walk around the center of town and snack before heading back for dinner. Like München, there are a lot of little food stalls in the middle of town, and Martin introduced me to their version of hot dogs - German sausages in a wonderful roll, topped with mustard. Delicious. I've also picked up the European habit of having coffee during breakfast, once before lunch, and then again in the afternoon. If anything, it's helping with the exhaustion, which helps with the jet lag.


For dinner, Martin invited me and another coworker and his girlfriend over for dinner, which he managed to whip up in no time. I'll have to wait for pictures from Martin, but he made a caprese salad, lamb on arugula, and homemade panna cotta. Yes ladies, he's single and can cook.

No comments: