Unfortunately, I spent most of the day working, so I didn't get to explore Monaco, or see any of the National Day festivities. I'll have to wait for Christine's pictures to see what it was all about.
After the conference's networking dinner event, most of us migrated to the hotel bar for a few more drinks. Towards the end of the night, we noticed that some hotel guests were returning from a night out and also sitting at the bar. Almost all of the women were in long evening gowns, necks and wrists draped with diamonds. The men wore tuxedos with coattails, and we even saw a guy with medals on his tuxedo jacket. Not really sure where they were coming from, but since the Opera House is right next door, that's what I'll assume for now. Later in the night, a few of us walked over to the Monte-Carlo Casino to check it out, but one of the guys left his passport in his room, so we couldn't get into the main card room. Guess I'll have to find my sugar daddy next time.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monte-Carlo, Monaco - Day 2
Labels:
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment