Thursday, December 13, 2007

You Spin Me Right Round

As a person who actively avoids motion sickness, you'd think I'd have enough sense not to dine in a rotating building on an empty stomach. Unfortunately, I learned that I don't have as much self-preservation as I originally thought, as I decided to have lunch at the SkyCity restaurant on top of the Space Needle. The best way to describe the rotating restaurant is that the seating area is on tracks, much like the beginning of the Haunted Mansion when you board your doom buggy. So what does that mean? That means things are moving on both sides, and there's a slight jerk when people are walking around. Translation? Instant barf feeling.

Elsewhere in the restaurant, having much more fun than I, was a gathering for the Red Hat Society - women over 50, not Linux. I've only heard about this through a former co-worker who was a member, but trust me when I say it's even more bizarre in person. As much as I wanted to point and laugh, at least they weren't sitting there with their heads on the table, in fear of hurling.

No comments: