Very long day at the show today, but am using the opportunity to get to know a couple of my colleagues better (one's from our London office, the other from Frankfurt). I won't post too much about the announcements from the show, since there are plenty of blogs that do so in much more detail. I will say, though, that it's as wonderfully geeky as I hoped. The Nokia booth was jam packed from all the press releases made earlier today, but I did get a chance to play with a couple of the new devices. The Samsung Omnia HD display is totally gratuitous, but looks sick.
After working the booth from 9:00am to 7:00pm, we all went back to our hotels to freshen up and met for tapas at Cerveceria Catalana. Oddly enough, I actually ate here during my last trip with Stella and Ju Yon, and it's as delicious as I remembered. The place was jam packed, but we managed to secure some counter space and stools. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of any of the tapas, since we were all too busy stuffing our faces, but I assure you they were all delicious. We ordered: jamón ibérico(three plates!), pimientos de padrón (sweet roasted green peppers), filets of beef, white anchovies (to die for), fried calamari (freshest calamari I've ever had, just barely battered), and loads of beer.
Afterwards, we went down towards the beach for the invite only party at Shôko , courtesy of the Symbian Foundation (Jamie managed to secure us some invitations). It may have been a nerd party, but it was free alcohol and food, and it was just steps from the water. Not much to complain about! Actually, the venue itself was really great, and I ended up running into a couple of old colleagues, which given the industry, isn't too random. Sabrina and I spent most of the cab ride back laughing at her boss, Jamie, who fell asleep in the cab and was falling all over the place. I suppose I shouldn't laugh too much, because I'm pretty sure I fell asleep a few times mid-conversation with Sabrina at the party. This is going to be a long, but fun week.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Barcelona, Day 2
Labels:
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment