Friday, February 27, 2009

Academy of Sciences

Ever since the new opening last September, I've been dying to check out the new California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. I live just half a mile away, but it's been so crowded during the weekends that I haven't had a chance to pay a visit yet. With Hanie and Jason visiting this weekend, "working from home" provided the perfect opportunity to check out the museum. To start off the day, Hanie and I picked up Jason at Johann's place and ate brunch at Zazie's before heading to the Academy of Sciences. Even though we were there for roughly 3 hours, we barely got through half of the museum, so I decided to apply my admission towards a membership, which entitles me to free admission plus a guest for one year. Anyone interested in going? How can you say no to a planetarium, aquarium, natural history museum, and a botanical garden, all in one building? This picture didn't come out as well as I hoped, but you can pretty much guess what we were going for. So much fun to be had!

5 comments:

Elise said...

Hanie wore that top when she took me to the aeropuerto. I have an awesome memory.

Unknown said...

Geez!! You remember what I wore? And I noticed from looking through SF pics that all of my sweaters are striped.

Unknown said...

It was also very funny that when I told Jason to "turn left", he would incline his head to the left, instead of rotating his face to the left. I tried, Doris. I tried.

3D said...

That's ok. At least we know now that we can't use Jason in situations where we might get thrown out of an establishment for taking certain pictures. Do you have the T-Rex picture, or do I?

Unknown said...

If I'm the one who has it, I can't find it. :(