Located on Las Ramblas just a block south of Plaça Catalunya, my hotel is just a few minute's walk from La Boqueria, one of Barcelona's most famous outdoor markets. From what I can gather, there are four sections to the market: product, candy, meat, and seafood. From the layout of the vendors to the hustle and bustle of locals shopping for groceries, La Boqueria reminds me of Taiwan markets, minus the pink and white striped plastic bags. One step in here and you're bound to find something to make you drool. The perimeter kiosks are mostly food vendors, where you can sit on a stool and order food to your heart's delight.
After the show today, we attended a RIM party at Marmalade, which is actually a restaurant/bar run by an Irish lady. She took quite a liking to Jamie's friend and fellow Brit, Nigel, so all the food stopped by us first. After we exhausted our drink tickets, we headed back to Cerveceria Catalana for more tapas, and actually ran into a group of people we met the last time we were there. Since we helped them secure a table on Monday night, they offered to buy us after dinner drinks, which we gladly accepted
(while the company may pay for it, itemizing expense reports is a bitch). Back at the Hotel Omm, I lost count of the amount of drinks we had, but I do know that dancing in the downstairs club was involved, and the guys got creepier as the night progressed (despite the fact that one of them looked like Patrick Swayze). It must have been closer to 3am when we left, and according to some, I drunk emailed and text messaged people. Good times. Thankfully I didn't have the morning shift; poor Sabrina had to pack and show up at 9am.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Barcelona, Day 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awwwwwwwww now i see how you could have headaches this day.. i envy drinkers
I consider Patrick Swayze a little creepy looking so I don't know if that's really a "despite"
Post a Comment